If anyone had told me years ago that one day Brussel Sprouts be one of my favorite vegetables, I would never have believed them.
The Brussel Sprouts of my youth were those nasty tasting vegetables that I was forced to eat, and I would plug my nose, put it in my mouth, and try to swallow it before I could taste it.
Thanks to technology we now have a new breed of these incredible vegetables that is one of the highest sources of Omega 3’s.
Here is one of my favorite ways to eat them:
· Chop up some bacon put it in a pan and sauté it until cooked but not crispy.
· Take the outer layer of the skin off Brussel Sprouts and cut them in half.
· Bring some water to a boil, I add a little salt.
· Place Brussel Sprouts in boiling water and cook for just a couple of minutes, so they are still a bit crunchy.
· Drain and add to the pan with bacon sauté for a few minutes until they are at almost at the level of cooking that you desire-I tend to like mine with a bit a crunch to them
· Add some Posh Nosh Maple Chili Heat sauté a minute longer, and I like to add a dash of cream, but you do not have to.
· Use as a side dish or even as a main meal, and you can even as I have done in the photo, served it on top